For reliable & hygienic size reduction, our Kemutec KEK Cone Mill, includes the widest range available, from lab through to bulk production – and we have extended that even further. New to our Kemutec range, features what may well be the largest Cone Mill available, the CM800 which is 10 bar explosion proof. The CM800 KEK Cone Mill was engineered by our team specifically to support a client for the densification – bulk density increase of milk powder.
KEK Cone Mills are a popular choice across the food industry due to their ability to mill and gently grind a wide variety of materials, at either low of high speed. They are hygienically designed for simple, quick cleaning and particularly suitable for dairy applications and if wanted, CIP-able. The Cone Mill also ensured the client’s process minimized fines and effectively milled sticky fats powders. Also, these KEK mills can be easily integrated in a vacuum conveying system, which brings a total cost-efficient solution.
Popular Food applications for the Cone Mill include:
- Crushing & Densifying of potato flakes or oats flakes
- Grinding granulated sugar to castor sugar
- Granulating and densification of dairy powders after spray towers or belt dryers
- Granulating before tableting or capsuling, like dextrose
- Reworking of chocolate/creme biscuits and confectionery
- Producing all kind of fractions of breadcrumbs
- Spice mixes / flavours de-lumping/ sieving
- Dispersing after mixing with fine additives or liquid injection for quality assurance
Other typical applications outside of food include:
- Pharma wet & dry granulation and tablet rework
- Detergent densification, soap flakes and dishwasher tablet rework
We offer a number of KEK models for under-driven and top-driven operation, removing any limitations with space or the existing set-up and gives maximum infeed of product, so no blockage of the inlet section.
To read more on our KEK Cone Mill, Click Here.